Friday, July 23, 2010

The Power of Visualization - My Experiment



One of my most strongly held beliefs is that if you can visualize something, then you can make it happen.  Ever since I was a little, I remember determining whether something would happen on whether I could see it play out in my mind.  For example, when I was 10, my family was supposed to go on a trip to Florida. For some reason I just couldn't picture it happening as I had with other vacations.  In the end, I ended up getting sick and not going with them.  

I did not realize as a child that what I was actually dealing with was the Law of Universal Attraction.  It was not until I was an adult and I read the book "The Secret" that I realized how my thoughts become things. The Law of Universal Attraction states that:“like attracts like”.  This law suggests that you should think of yourself as a living magnet because you get what you think about whether you want to or not. Thoughts have a frequency and send out a magnetic signal that is drawing the parallel back to you. I will go into this topic more deeply in future blogs but if you want to find out more about the book The Secret and the law of universal attraction here is a great video that I watch all the time:







So if your thoughts can create your life then we should all get really good at visualizing what we want. When I say visualize, I mean close your eyes and imagine yourself in whatever situation you are trying to bring into your life.  Whether it is securing a new job, finding your soul mate, moving to a new location, or being at your ideal body weight.  Whatever it is that you want, you need to vividly picture it in your mind. The key is to visualize what you want all of the time.

Personally I like to spend five minutes painting a picture in my mind of what I want every night before I fall asleep.  As an added bonus this usually puts me in a really good mood.  In the past I attracted my soul mate into my life with this technique.  I also found a new career with this technique. 

I want to do a bit of an experiment with this.  So I am selecting my next visualization project to be one material thing so it will be easy to show that this works.  So I am going to start visualizing that I will own a silver Nissan Qashqai by the beginning of 2011.  I will keep you updated as to when I buy this car.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: