Friday, July 23, 2010

I Can't Live Without My Waterpik!




I can honestly say that one of the best products I have purchased in the last few years has been my Waterpik! When I go away for a couple of days and I don't have it, I absolutely long for it.

I have always been a fan of flossing daily but it was leaving my gums very sore and lets face it, it just doesn't get your mouth as clean as it should be.  With flossing and brushing alone I could still feel a bit of grime along the gums and it was impossible to get the very back teeth clean.  Plus my wisdom teeth are impacted (they came up sideways).  Because my mouth is too small to have them removed, I have to live with them.  Keeping them clean was a real challenge before I found the Waterpik.

Unhappy with my oral hygiene, I went researching online one day for an alternative.  I came across the oral irrigator.  As an alternative to flossing with string, the oral irrigator shoots water between your teeth.  Dental water jets provide a unique combination of water pressure and pulsation at the level clinically proven to reduce gingivitis and enhance gum health. The product is similar to the water jet in the dentist's office.  

As you can imagine flossing with string only scrapes the surfaces between your teeth so it still leaves a lot of residue.  Whereas, the Waterpik, cleans these surfaces and washes away any debris.  The best part is that it gets below the gum line unlike any other dental product.  It prevents the build up of tartar extremely well.  It also whitens your teeth and kills bad breathe.  It does not hurt your gums so you can use it as much as you desire!  It is also the best remedy for getting rid of that horrible feeling in your mouth when you wake up the next morning after having a few alcoholic drinks.  You can fill it up with mouthwash and warm water for an extra burst of freshness.

I bought the Waterpik Cordless Dental Water Jet WP-450 from Amazon for about €35 as this was the best value from what I could see online and offline.  I am very happy with this model.  It came with an orthodontic tip, a standard jet tip, a Pik Pocket tip and a tongue cleaner.  My boyfriend and I have our own tips so it is great if you will be sharing it with someone else.  Refill tips are also available to buy online when needed. The tip rotates 360 degrees to reach all areas of the mouth and the jet has a dual pressure control system, for sensitive gums and deep cleaning.  The only complaint I would have is that it only stays charged for a couple of uses.  When it doesn’t work in the morning because it is uncharged I get very upset that I have to wait til that night to feel that wonderful clean sensation it gives me. 


I would definitely rate this product 10 out of 10, it really is amazing!  I just don't know how the Waterpik is not as popular as the common toothbrush yet?  This also makes for a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment